How the system works: When salt is added to the saltwater system, it passes through an electrolysis cell, which converts the salt into chlorine. This chlorine disinfects the water, killing bacteria and other microorganisms.
Saltwater systems in hot tubs are becoming increasingly popular due to their many benefits, for example:
- Saltwater systems use salt to create a natural, low-chlorine environment for soaking.
- This system produces a much lower level of chlorine than traditional systems, which means no skin, eye irritation or chemical smell.
- Easier maintenance (there is no need to manually add chlorine to the hot tub on a regular basis).
- Digital controls will allow you to easily adjust the amount of chlorine in the water to accommodate different usage levels.
- The saltwater system is available as an option in many hot tub lines, including the Black edition series.